Things You Must Know About Dyson Replacement Batteries
If you’ve made the wise decision to invest in a Dyson, you might be wondering what actions you can take to ensure your device works to its full potential in the long run. Though manufacturers may sometimes recommend using first-party parts and accessories, you can rest assured that Battery Mate’s replacement Dyson batteries are rested, reliable and safe.
This helpful guide will take you through the importance of Dyson replacement batteries and the actions you can take to get the most from your replacement battery.
How to get the best from your Dyson replacement battery
You might not be aware that batteries contain chemical structures which can react with their environments. Therefore, by taking the following steps, you can ensure your battery runs at optimum capacity:
- Minimise high power mode — You might not be aware of it, but your Dyson vacuum is designed to operate in Auto or Normal mode for everyday cleaning. To use these recommended modes, change it at the top or back of the vacuum. You should only use Max or Boost mode for intensive cleanings, such as spot cleaning. Using Max and Boost too excessively will degrade your battery life. If your device has Eco mode, try this feature for an increased run time.
- Avoid using in extreme temperatures — If it’s an extremely hot day, you’re best off prolonging your vacuum for another day since hot environments can speed up the ageing of your Dyson replacement battery. Avoid vacuuming your car in hot weather or storing your vacuum in rooms around the house with direct sun exposure. The same principle applies to storing your vacuum in overly cold areas like the garage in winter.
- Store your vacuum at room temperature — Store your vacuum at the recommended temperature from 18 to 28 degrees, away from direct sunlight and the cupboard that houses your water tank.
- Cool your machine after use — Allow your machine to cool down after use before you recharge it. However, if your machine is below 5 degrees, it won’t charge or operate. This mechanism protects the motor and battery of your Dyson.
- Give your battery a break — While it might seem proactive to charge your Dyson after each use, allowing your Dyson’s battery to empty at least once a month helps prolong its life. Better yet, if you have a spare Dyson replacement battery handy, you should swap them from time to time so they can naturally discharge.
How to replace your Dyson battery
Take the following steps to replace your Dyson battery:
- Switch off and unplug your device.
- Press the red release catch to open the bin. Press the catch a second time to release it from the cyclone (this applies specifically to the Dyson V6 battery replacement).
- Use a Phillips #2 screwdriver to unscrew the rear of the handle.
- Place the machine on a soft surface and remove the screw(s) from the underside of the battery.
- Remove the battery and dispose of it as per local codes and regulations.
- Assemble your new battery using your Dyson battery replacement and two Phillips screws.
- Click your new battery into the handle and secure it with its supplied screws.
- Charge your new battery before use.
- Refit the bin and ensure it clicks shut.
Shop the best replacement Dyson batteries at Battery Mate today
At Battery Mate, we have the best Dyson replacement batteries so you can get the most out of your Dyson vacuum. Explore our range of Dyson V6 replacement batteries, Dyson V7 replacement batteries and Dyson V8 replacement batteries. We’ll have your device working like new in no time! So what are you waiting for? Find great deals on our Dyson replacement batteries and chargers today!
With fast delivery and competitive prices, it’s no wonder Battery Mate remains one of Australia’s most reliable electronics providers. If you need help finding a Dyson replacement battery for your vacuum model, contact our expert team, who will be happy to assist.